For someone who has a major sweet tooth, eating healthily can be quite challenging. So I played around in the kitchen and came up with the most delicious sugar-free chocolate date balls recipe.
The best part about these is that not only are they healthy, delicious and cheap, but they’re also super quick!
You can get all the ingredients delivered to your door from Faithful to Nature and if you sign up to their newsletter you’ll receive R100 off of your order.
Recipe makes around 20 servings
Healthy Date & Cocoa Ball Recipe
- 250g of pitted dates
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp of raw cocoa powder (optional)
*Add some crushed almonds to the mixture if you’re looking for a slightly more filling snack.
*De-pip dates if they’re not already pitted
- Cover dates in boiling water and leave to soak for +- 5 minutes
- Remove dates from water and blend into a smooth paste
- Add vanilla, coconut, cocoa powder, salt and mix together
- Roll into balls, dip in desiccated coconut and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes
(I find that the longer they are refrigerated, the better they taste.)
Enjoy your guilt free snack!